I added a couple more videos for testing...

1. this
video<http://davidleeking.com/etc/2007/07/test-movie-ipod-formatted.html>made
it to my iphone through itunes - I recorded the movie in imovie, and
saved it as the default ipod settings (30 frames per sec, 320 x 240, h.264and
44.1khz aac audio)
2. this
video<http://davidleeking.com/etc/2007/07/test-video-using-mov-format.html>did
not - also recorded in imovie, but saved using the Quicktime settings,
cd quality (320 x 240, 15 frames per sec...)

So - using iMovie on a Mac to export to the mov file, and taking whatever
the CD quality quicktime settings are... one thought - is that using h.264?
I know I can dig into the expert settings in iMovie and use h.264, but how
about the default settings? Not sure.

David