I've had that problem before too.  Are you using "Scene Detect" during
capture?  That could be part of the problem.  It tries to add a few extra
frames in between stop points during batch captures, and it usually fails.

Also it helps if you use the same brand of DV tape stock all the time, as
different brands use different lubricants which can gum up the heads in your
cam.  I didn't know this until it was too late with my last Panasonic cam,
and it started getting the "blank tape detected" error in Premiere.  If
you've already cleaned the heads, just start using the same tape brand from
now on and it might fix itself.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/lofiversion/index.php?t8438.html

On 7/30/07, J. Rhett Aultman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> When I dump a tape to Premiere, it sometimes stops in the middle of the
> capture process and says "capture stopped because blank tape was
> detected".  I've become used to this as a minor glitch that occurs once in
> a blue moon.  Lately, though, it's been happening a lot.  It seems to crop
> up once every two minutes of footage.  The footage itself is there, and if
> I back up to the beginning of the scene and capture again, everything's
> fine.  This is becoming an annoyance, though, and I'm afraid it might be a
> sign of impending equipment failure, which is something I can't afford.
> The camera itself is only about a year old, and it hasn't seen heavy,
> regular use until about last March when Greentime began.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this error?  Is there something I
> need to do to help fix this?  I tried my head cleaner on my camera, but to
> no avail.
>
> --
> Rhett.
> http://www.weatherlight.com/freetime