"RSS" as a term isn't used in mainstream, but it has become a standard
backend mechanism to share information and media. A good analogy:
people used to have to use the "http" when letting someone know about
your website - now, it is has become a standard protocol that is just
used. RSS has been heading in the same direction too, fortunately.

"Feed" seems to have regained in popularity, mainly due to Facebook
using the term "news feed". We like that. :)

Regards,
-Frank

Frank Sinton
CEO, Mefeedia

http://mefeedia.com/user/franks - What are you watching?

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Delongchamp"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Very interesting topic.  I ran a similar vlog/video blog/videoblog
regular
> google search after someone suggested renaming the WP article from
vlog to
> video blog.  After Youtube added a video blog genre the term
exploded and
> vlog began to plateau.  There was suddenly very strong reasoning to
rename
> it.
>
> As for podcasts.  I would assume those who publish videos still refer to
> their feeds as simply podcasts.  I also found that it was very
difficult to
> explain a podcast to people.
>
> I think people do think of youtube and of someone sitting in front of a
> webcam when you mention "video blog" but i think that's a good
thing.  It's
> understandable since it's still the most common type of video blog
and it
> gives you a simple base from which you can begin to explain how yours
> differs.
>
> As for RSS, I agree that most will probably never know term but I'm
still
> not sure it's the future. In my opinion as an adult educator, RSS is
just
> plain old not user friendly.  The term is obscure, having to copy
and paste
> links is a lot to expect of people, (i wish i were exaggerating on
that one)
> and, in regards to aggregators, people rarely download third party apps
> anymore and having to visit an additional web site is counter
intuitive to
> reducing the amount of sites you need to constantly check.  The
solution has
> to be web based and it has to be something people are already using.
 Right

http://www.google.com/trends?q=video+podcast%2C+vlog%2C+video+blog%2C+videoblog&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all&sort=0