Another option is to export the audio using Quicktime Pro into .wav.

Open the .wav in Audacity, run it through some filters if you wish and raise
the overall volume as you like, then export as .wav and drag that file into
iMovie.

If you need me to go into more detail on this process, let me know.

Jan

--
The Faux Press - better than real
http://feeds.feedburner.com/diaryofafauxjournalist - RSS