You do have to keep in mind that hard drives, at least ones most
people can afford at the moment, have lots of moving parts.  Those
moving parts are all... well.. moving whenever you access data off
those drives.

No matter what manufacturer you get your drives from it isn't a matter
of if the drive will fail, but when.  Anyone that tells you
differently is flat out lying.

Solid state memory is changing all of that, but it is still very very
expensive and doesn't come in capacities that DV require.

That being said I've been very happy with my WD drives.

--
Scott McNulty
I blog: