--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Kenya Allmond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Ive never used email to read or write to this group. The yahoo web
>  interface is not as good
> > as a forum, but its gradually moved closer, eg you can view
messages by
>  thread.

> Also, for people who don't want to receive emails, there is an
option to only read messages on the web.  From the group page
(http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/videoblogging/) choose "Edit
Membership".  There are several lists/groups that I have set up that way.

That's how I read the group, too.  Web-only / Unthreaded.

The way the mac touchpad works, it's MUUUCH faster for me to have one
page with all of the posts lined up in chronological order.  When I
come to the "messages" page, I scroll down until I hit a
different-colored link, indicating I've been to that one already, then
I scroll back up and use the touchpad to either click in to a post,
alt-click to go back or alt-click to open a link in another tab.  If I
haven't seen any of the posts on the first page, it's one click on the
touchpad to see the next page.

Also, viewing in-browser is a lot faster for me because with the mail
app, I'd have to scroll to the top half of the page, select an email,
then scroll back to the bottom half to begin scrolling the actual post.

Same thing with resizing.  Once I resize the text in-browser,
everything I click in to is automatically the same size.

I don't have to thread, because when I see a title I don't care about,
I visually parse the list as I'm scrolling and pass all the posts with
the same length title.

--
Bill Cammack
http://CammackMediaGroup.com