You've got to give props to someone who can get his client's video to
be most viewed on one of the most visited sites on the internet.  I
imagine from his methods that he makes a pretty hefty margin on it
too.

It's Marketing 2.0.

Unfortunately, if everyone did this, youtube wouldn't be much fun
anymore.  As more people are using these methods you can see the
content on the most viewed page going downhill especially in the last
few months.

He was pretty good at getting himself this far, i'm sure he'll learn
to adapt and move on to something no one else is yet trying.  Don't
discount him yet.