On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 2:55 pm, Brook Hinton wrote:
> Yup, It's not this simple at all. Lots of folks have vlogs that don't
> fit either, contain elements of both, or are otherwise outside that
> spectrum.

I think that's a core problem in this and other "new media" groups ...
the concept of "professional" is somehow skewed by how the content is
delivered.

The NBC station in Atlanta sent their news anchors home with video
cameras to tape how they spent their holiday. The videos are unpolished
and look like many "personal" vlogs out on the Interweb's tubes. Are
they not "professional" anymore? They're online, but hosted by an NBC
affiliate. The camera work is not professional, but they're funded by a
"mainstream media outlet" ... Very fuzzy line here.

Dragon*ConTV is non-commercial, but we try to be as "professional" as
possible making the content. Do we cross into the evils of commercial
media once we purchase a good camera, some wireless mics & 3000W of
3200K lighting?

I like entertaining videos, good videos, well-produced videos that still
have some personality intact ... and I don't care if they come from
YouTube or the CathodeRayTube :)
--
Brian Richardson
  - http://whatthecast.com