>I agree with this. That's one thing I could never understand. Why did
>PodTech feel the need to hire an engineering team to reinvent the wheel?

That was a decision I had no impact on (there was an engineering team hired
before I got there). As you know, I interviewed the Castfire guys and tried
to get Podtech to go that way, among others. At the end I took a lot of
internal heat for using Kyte myself instead of PodTech's player - today I'm
playing with http://www.qik.com/scobleizer which is awesome and works from
my cell phone. At CES we'll be doing live streaming with Mogulus.

My next thing I do won't have an engineering team that tries to make its own
player, you're absolutely right about that. :-)

Robert