Hi Andrew:

I have been visiting a lot of libraries both for reading programs for
my son as well as to show libraries my new book, and I'm noticing
that many have very nice meeting rooms that are not used very often.
I recommend looking at library websites for NY and LA, and I would
then recommend asking others who visit their local libraries in those
cities to take a look on your behalf. You might want to join some
additional groups, like children's book club lists to ask their
opinion as well.

You might be surprised how affordable the rooms are, and many
libraries have WiFi, which is a bonus.

All the best,

Andrew

Andrew Darlow