That's like asking, What cars do people like to drive?

The answer is both and then some.

Even though many people in this space have been at this for years the
market is still developing and everyone like different things.

The ADM http://downloadablemedia.org is working with advertisers, ad
agencies and content producers to develop advertising standards for
online video and audio but it's going to take a while. If you can help
in anyway I urge you to join. Kent from Ask A Ninja and I are both
members and on the Advisory Board.

Kent is making a lot more money than most of us for three reasons
(Talent, Smarts and Determination) and his approach to doing this has
caught my attention.

I've been paid for integrated sponsored episodes and for pre-roll,
post-roll, overlays, post click thus, banner ads and I wish there was
an easy way to do an integrated dynamic sponsorship because the
sponsored episodes I did for Tubes and iLike are as Kent says, "Dead
Money" but the Godaddy and BarterBee episodes have continued to earn
money because of the deal structure. If I could replace the
sponsorships with new sponsors those episodes would still make "Living
Money." (They do still make money with pre and post roll.)

Podtrac is in talks with an advertiser for French Maid TV where they
may do a smaller payment upfront and a rev-share on the back end. I
think is where online video advertising is heading but it won't get
there too quick because there's still a lot of money to be made with
CPMs but at some point with all the tracking that is available
advertisers will just want to pay for what works.

If I can figure a way of getting my costs down so that I don't need a
sponsor I would much rather do what Ask A Ninja is doing but in order
to do that I need to produce episodes on a more frequent schedule than
once a year and get my website traffic up.

But you know the French Maids - they don't work for free.

Bottom line is no matter what the advertiser wants you need lots of
traffic to property that you control in order to ensure that you
control your advertising inventory and are able to fully monetize it.