Thanks for the link - excellent reading!

We have found that the abandonment rate goes up exponentially when the
user has to wait more than 3 seconds for a video to load. YouTube
consistently delivers on this playback experience - partially because
of their philosophy on bitrate and partially because of the $$$ they
have put into CDN. Blip has gotten a lot better in this area recently
too.

Regards,
Frank