Most of questions you list could be easily (or not so easily) answered by
combing through a crapload of videoblogs and taking notes, counting,
watching, commenting, etc.

Dr. Hall, did this not used to be called 'research'? I forget.

For example, to answer "How long?" go to the vlogger's archives and click
the oldest month and there you will find the vlogger's first post.

If you watch sample vlog entries through time, you will get an idea of how
and why they started, what inspires them, and the direction they've gone and
are going.

You will see in black and white how often the vlogger posts.

All that information (and more) is part of vlogging's charm.

Jan

Jan McLaughlin
Production Sound Mixer
air = 862-571-5334