If you could be sure your cell phone will work there, I'd get familiar with
shooting vids on a cell phone.

No internet cafe necessary.

Found in 2005 it was difficult to find an Internet cafe in Amsterdam where I
could actually upload ANYTHING. Free wi-fi was cool and relatively abundant,
but cabling to a computer, not so much. In frustration, put m'self in the
position of the cafe owners and realized that were you able to upload stuff
via cable, assh*le folks could easily upload destructive stuff and there'd
be trouble. So much for THAT option.

That said, on the 2007 trip to Germany, I couldn't get the new cell phone to
work there, so still had to go thru the computer --> wi-fi --> web. Had the
phone worked, that would have been ideal. Guess you have to get a local sim
card or something.

You'd have to have pretty good International and Data plans in place, but,
worth it.

Congratulations and good luck on your trip!

Jan

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "scoobyfox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Hey all,
> >
> > I'm heading to India for my honeymoon and the entire summer and plan
> to vlog and do some
> > interviews from there.
> > I *do not* plan to bring my macbook.  I just want to bring a
> firewire or usb cable and upload
> > at cafes.
> >
> > It needs to be small, light and easy to travel with and have decent
> sound.
> >
> > Recommendations?
> >
> > (and it you know of any simple web-based editing tools, let me know!)
> >
> > heather

Jan McLaughlin
Production Sound Mixer
air = 862-571-5334