Life gets in the way.

Still make media, but almost exclusively with cellphone: video edited in
camera, stills and audio podcasts. Each kind of media - with the touch of a
button or two - makes it automatically to Twitter, my vlog and its RSS feed.
Wham-bam. Thank you Ma'am.

Mastered editing, etc., and find I just want to make media seamlessly,
without losing my stride.

In the meantime, found this videoblogging community of media-making folks
who ultimately totally replaced the 'celebrities' from other peoples'
fictional stories as people I admired but from an untouchable distance. Even
though I work in the industry. Screw that. Now, am entertained, taught,
saddened, made joyful, and enlightened by those media-making folks - most of
whom I've met, stayed with or stayed with me. Celebrities are part of my
life rather than escape from it.

Videoblogging has added enormous sums to my human wealth.

Scoble said it best and I concur. This was / is a tech space that - as we'd
hoped and dreamed from the beginning - would become obsolete when the tools
caught up to the job at hand. The tools are not quite there (we need better
cellphone cameras for one), but WILL get there. Soon.

What a ride!

XO,
Jan

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:39 AM, Christopher Bergeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Are people vlogging more, but posting less?
> > Are people leaving the group?
> > Like me, have you become a lurker, not a poster?
> > Did you loose interest in vlogging?
> > Or, just don't have the time to keep it up?
>
> I'm posting less, but editing more video.
>
> That together with working full time, going to school part time, being a
> full time parent, working on a few books, and dealing with our lovely US
> economy.
>
> BUT I'm still vlogging, lots of videos about the adventures big and small
> the boys and I go on @ http://www.TheRamblingLoggerhead.com.  And even
> started the little one vlogging @ http://www.RyansKitchen.tv but it's
> tough fitting everything in.
>
> I think the decline in list traffic is natural.  The mechanics of video
> blogging have gotten easier, those questions will fade.  The purpose of
> video blogging is becoming more defigned so thost discussions will fade.
>  And the legitimacy of video blogging is becomming more accepted by the
> world at large so that discussion will also fade.
>
> Still I believe that most are out with their cameras, or home in their
> editing software.
>
> -Chris
> http://www.TheRamblingLoggerhead.com

Jan McLaughlin