Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and giggles.

I do agree that the visual effect I want, could be obtained using the
Show In The Box video related plugins... if I could get them to work.
Ever since I upgraded WordPress 2.1, video Archive, Related and Recent
video plugins are pouched and not functional on my site. It's been
several disappointing months, with countless suggested fixes, but in
the end I can not get them to work.

An example... okay, try this one: www.partybabe.net . It has the basic
idea with lots of video thumbnails.

Mike