I had forgetten it was a supreme court ruling, I had thought it was just an FCC
ruling...

If I remember correctly the crux of the arguement, was that telephone companies
wanted the cable companies to lease their lines like they had to, as cable
companies were begining to get in on providing internet service.  They argued
since they had to do it, so should the cable companies, but the cable companies
were able to argue that they were not a telecommuncation service, they were
just providing bits of data.

Well most consumer groups and others who actually care about these types of
things knew this was bunk....but the boneheads who are in charge of the supreme
court bought the cable companies arguement...and what do we have?  No real
competition and continued price hikes and the little guy getting screwed
again...

In fact if I remember correctly, the cable companies argued that by allowing
their lines to be leased they would have to raise rates and possibly go to
tiered pricing which would be bad for consumers....

I guess the only recouse any of us have is that the FCC and Congress gets their
heads out of their asses and adjust the laws accordingly and take control of
the issue.....

So I guess we should just bend over now, right....

Heath
http://heathparks.com