The iSight is about as good as it gets.
You'll have trouble importing hi-8 into your Mac, unless you want to
fork out for final cut pro and an analogue/digital converter box.
Would be cheaper and much better just to buy a Kodak Zi8 or a Flip
Mino HD for $100-200.  Or even the previous version of either: the Zi6
or the Flip SD, for slightly less.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv