> I have a question about lavaliere. For interviews, is it better to use this
> type of mic.? Does it pick up less ambient sound. What about if I film
> outside with it..what noises does it pick up? If I filmed outside with a
> lavaliere and if it didn't pick up enough outside noise, maybe it wouldn't
> give the real sense of the environment? I don't know. Or is it enough to use
> the shot mic that I have and just mount it on a >boom pole (any
> recommendations on which are good?) as close to the object as possible?

I wouldnt overthink it. We use a wireless lavalier when we have time
to hook it up to the person. It sounds awesome even in the noisiest of
places. Plus it lets the person take us on walks without losing any
sound.

If we cant use a lavalier, we use a shotgun mic mounted to the camera.
Whatever the camera points at, the sound is excellent.

As always, just jump in. Experience will give you the answers.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://momentshowing.net