For advice from people on this list:
Verdi ran 24 hours 24 artists last year, getting 24 people to VJ their
own session, hosting live and mixing in pre-recorded video, using
Mogulus (now Livestream.com) - would be worth asking him for his
experience & advice.  And John Leeke's been doing live video
conferences from http://www.historichomeworks.com for years.
Phil Campbell in the UK has an "Ammobox" which he puts together for
people to do easy live streaming of conferences.  Worth checking it
out - http://ammoboxproject.com - and talking to him -
http://twitter.com/philcampbell

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 23 Apr 2010, at 08:18, David Jones wrote:

> Hi
> I've been offered a gig to do a live streaming blog from an event for
> 3 days in the US, payed for by the (big) company running the event.
> Never done anything like this before, I usually just run my talking
> head YouTube blog from my lab at home. Never live streamed before, and
> never had a paid video blogging gig like this before. They would even
> widely market me leading up to the event as being there live blogging.
>
> It would involve the usual stuff for a live event blog, walking around
> booths, interviews with key people and random visitors, and a wrap-up
> at the end of the day.
>
> No idea of the full details yet, but I thought I'd ask any general
> advice from those who have done full day/multiday live blogs.
> I don't know as yet if I'd just be the on-screen talent or they would
> expect me to do everything and provide all the gear and streaming
> infrastructure etc, I'm assuming the former, and that I'd get plenty
> of technical help. That wouldn't stop me bringing my own kit "just in
> case" though.
>
> What about stuff like recording live streams for edit/playback later?,
> what type of gear is needed, typical streaming software etc.
> How much actual "live" work would be typical for a full day event? etc
> I'm assuming that live streams would go "live" of course, and
> in-between they would show previously recorded segments?
>
> I've got plenty of ideas of course, but it would be good to hear from
> anyone who's been there and done that.
> So any and all tips appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Dave.