Rupert,

That was a great summary! I have had a stab at both tumblr and posterous, but
the freedom associated with the user experience, imo, was more with posterous.

I agree, nothing beats a wordpress.org installed vlog, but the flip side is
that with things like tumblr, posterous and wordpress.com, you have a community
ready to dig into your work immediately. For a self hosted blog, some time is
needed before the recognition comes. And this is more for newbie bloggers, who
need a little "encouragement/incentive" as they start off, right? And with not
so much SEO experience to back us up, it does get a little difficult, imo.

Same can be said for hosting the vlog videos on sites like youtube or blip,
where there is a user community to interact with you (more on youtube than on
blip, imo).

Pranab Chatterjee, MBBS
Medical College, Kolkata, India

http://blog.pranab.in