I'm glad to see others are concerned about archiving - that was one of my
thoughts as well. Forums in particular are shockingly vulnerable to loss
over time, because the wayback machine often can't capture them, especially
if the forum is behind a login and/or is php-based.

You mention an old link to the archived material - have you checked to see
if that link was captured by the wayback machine?

I recently found that almost all the material on two different forums I
used to find extremely useful (on topics far removed from vintage macs) are
both gone now, and unrecoverable through the wayback machine. It is really
tragic. The old LISTSERV system actually had better provisions for
long-term archiving.

Sara