Welcome to Apache OpenOffice Norma. Your skills in C & C++ are welcome
additions to our developer community. The usual first task we suggest to any
new developer, is to do a first build of the code base. It is old, and can be
quite tricky to build. You will find an extensive build guide at:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO. I would
also suggest subscribing to our developer mailing list by sending a blank
e-mail to doc-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org, and replying to the e-mail that
will be sent to you. Both may end up in your spam folder, so be sure to check
there as well.

Dev@ is not only where the developers hang out, but is also where most
decisions affecting the project are made.

Again welcome, and I look forward to to seeing and hearing from you on dev@

Regards
Keith N. McKenna