There’s not enough information here to diagnose what the problem is. Let’s
start with a packet trace.

#regards
/neale

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of nikhil subhedar
via lists.fd.io <subhedarnikhil=gmail....@lists.fd.io>
Date: Saturday, 31 July 2021 at 19:49
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] #ipsec #vnet #vpp #vpp-dev
Hi All,

I am facing a problem when IPSEC is enabled on my  box.
1) once the packet comes to my box i am decrypting the packet and i am setting
the fib index as 1 since my TCP application's listening ip belongs to fib 1.
2)in this scenario  SYN has reached to TCP node and then SYN+ACK is formed and
it forwarded by TCP node to ip node. where lookup is happening.
3) here at ip layer inside ip4_lookup_inline() it is marking the next node
based on dpo object.
4) Now, from IP layer it has to reached to esp4-encrypt () but  some times its
not reaching.
What could be the reason can anyone please shed some light on this?

Below are the steps i am performing .
1) creating the IPSEC tunnel at my StrongSwan.
2) creating ipip0 interface using
set interface state ipip0  up
3)setting this unnumbered ipip0 to vth interface .
set interface unnumbered ipip0 use VirtualFuncEthernet0/6/0.884
4) adding reverse route so that my SYN+ACK can reach to my client.

Thanks,
Nikhil
View/Reply Online (#19885): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/19885
Mute #vpp:https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/mutehashtag/vpp