From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of Mohsen Meamarian
via lists.fd.io <meamarian.mohsen=gmail....@lists.fd.io>
Date: Monday, 9 August 2021 at 19:05
To: Mohsen Meamarian <meamarian.moh...@gmail.com>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] BVI interface on a Bridge domain
Hi ,
What could be the reason for the " l2-flood: BVI packet with unhandled
ethertype " error? Could gns3 simulation conditions cause it?

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:53 AM Mohsen Meamarian via
lists.fd.io<http://lists.fd.io>
<meamarian.mohsen=gmail....@lists.fd.io<mailto:gmail....@lists.fd.io>> wrote:
Hi friends ,
I have a problem with ARP delivery to the BVI interface on a BD. I see in trace
that the ARP packet after l2 flooding goes to the Non-BVI output interface ,
but this doesn't happen for a loopback/BVI interface. thus I can't ping
100.3.4.4 from 100.3.4.11.

create bridge-domain 2
set int l2 bridge GigabitEthernet2/6/0 2
set int state GigabitEthernet2/6/0 up

create loopback interface
set int l2 bridge loop0 2 bvi
set int state loop0 up
set int ip address loop0 100.3.4.12 / 3.3.3.3/24<http://3.3.3.3/24>

Should I configure a route for loop0/BVI or use set ip arp command?
I also use ip route table 0 100.3.4.0/24<http://100.3.4.0/24> via loop0 but the
problem remains.I use vpp 18.10.