Hi Arun,

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> on behalf of arunmittal88 via
lists.fd.io <arunmittal88=gmail....@lists.fd.io>
Date: Tuesday, 12 April 2022 at 15:24
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] Queries regarding mfib and multicast support in VPP
Hi,

Just want to know if the mfib-lookup node is attached to the default packet
processing node graph or do we need to explicitly enable this.
It’s enabled by default.
Also wanted to understand if the following things are achievable with mfib in
VPP (To understand the mfib in VPP I am following
"https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/MFIB"; page).

Lets assume I have 3 interfaces Eth0/1 Eth0/2 and Eth0/3 and I want to
configure the multicast rule for Group G (236.1.2.3) as follow:
1.) The group G stream is acceptable on interface Eth0/1 and Eth0/2 and it is
blocked on interface Eth0/3.
2.) If group G stream is received on Eth0/1, it is forwarded to Eth0/2 and if
Eth0/2 receives it then, it should be forwarded to Eth0/1 as well.
If eth0/1 and eth0/2 are both ACCEPT and FROWARDING, that is the behaviour you
will get. But N.B, multicast will never forward back out the interface on which
the packet was received (I think that’s what you want but it’s not entirely
clear).
/neale

Thanks,
Arun