On 14-10-29 05:40 PM, Bill Spitzak wrote:
On 10/29/2014 12:19 PM, Frederic Plourde wrote:

Mhh... you mean something like :

static int
drm_output_watchdog_timer_create(struct drm_output *output)
{
     struct wl_event_loop *loop = NULL;
     struct weston_compositor *ec = output_base->compositor;

     loop = wl_display_get_event_loop(ec->wl_display);
     if (loop) {
         output->wdt->timer = wl_event_loop_add_timer(loop,
drm_output_watchdog_bark,
ec->watchdog_timer_timeout);
     blah..blah...

Yes that is what I meant.

If so, then I think I'd prefer to completely remove
'drm_output_watchdog_timer_create" and inline it directly from
'create_output_for_connector', since it's not a very big function anyway
and we're not sure as of today that we're going to reuse this for
anything else.

Probably that is ok as well. The main problem is that it is impossible to inline the "bark" function so one part of the code is in a different place, which may mean it is clearer to put the reference to that function up next to it too.

what do you think ?
I'm usually not a big fan of static functions with hard-coded values,
but if you tell me it's better for clarity... I might be tempted, dunno.

Generally I don't think a generic function should be written until you have at least 2 instances where it is used.

I think you won me over... Let's pretend we're not going to use that for anything else for now.
patch v2 coming up next :)