Yes that's one am referring to. The moment I introduce the parameter
manage_groups users fail to login against AD...this is my sample code:

from gluon.contrib.login_methods.ldap_auth import ldap_auth
auth.settings.login_methods = [ldap_auth(mode='ad', manage_groups= True,
bind_dn = 'CN=Admin,DC=example,DC=co,DC= zm', bind_pw = 'ADPASSWORD',
group_dn = 'DC= example,DC=co,DC=zm', group_name_attrib = 'cn',
group_member_attrib = 'member', group_filterstr = 'objectClass=Group',
server='xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', base_dn='dc=example,dc=co,dc=zm')]
Any reason why group management is not working? Is there another way I can
use AD users and assign rolls to certain users?

Teddy L.