Hi folks.

I understand it can be super critical to understand what version someone was
testing when reporting a WebKit bug. But I, at least, haven’t found the version
field at bugs.webkit.org useful in the 20+ years I have been working on this
project.

Now we have that same noise in GitHub. All my pull requests have the label
WebKit Nightly Build on them when I use the “git webkit pr” command to create
them. And we have lots of labels with various version numbers, such as “Safari
8” and “417.x".

Can we just get rid of all this? Is there anyone who’s finding these labels
useful in GitHub?

I suggest we remove these labels from the project. No objections to leaving the
version field in bugs.webkit.org for the time being, but eventually I think we
should probably get rid of that too.

— Darin