> On Nov 28, 2023, at 11:51 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanz...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Nov 28 2023 at 10:27:41 AM -0800, Chris Dumez via webkit-dev
> <webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org> wrote:
>> The reason I would like us to make enforce this rule is that I find it
>> confusing. We have a lot of new comers in the project and I do not always
>> know if a person is a reviewer or not yet. I imagine it may be even more
>> confusing for non-Apple people.
>> I have in some cases not reviewed patches because I had seen the "green
>> check” and thought the PR already had been approved.
>
> +1, if there is a green checkmark, then I assume that person is a reviewer.
> It's really confusing when non-reviewers add the green checkmark.

FYI, my understanding is that the person gets a *green* checkmark when the
person is present in contributors.json (common case), even if not marked as a
reviewer in that file.
They get a *grey* checkmark when they’re not present in contributors.json (not
common). Also, the difference between green and grey for this tiny checkmark is
super subtle.

That said, most of the instances where I saw it happened was with a green
checkmark.

Either way, I think non-reviewers should not approve/reject PR, just add
comments to avoid confusion.