Hi,

On 3/9/14, 11:39 PM, Kevin Chen wrote:
I switched to Chrome at work when Safari on Windows was discontinued,
but I really miss Safari's font smoothing. What really bothers me is
how ClearType mangles Helvetica.

I was wondering what the feasibility is of compiling the latest
WebKit engine and running it in the last available Windows Safari
(5.1.7), like the nightly builds used to do. Since Windows Safari was
dropped, has the WebKit code changed enough to make getting it
running on Windows Safari again unfeasible?

In theory it would be feasible to craft a binary matching the required behaviors. In practice, that would require so much work that I don't think it is worth it.

Benjamin