Turi Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This issue is known to me. It could happen when doing something like:
> wget -r -l10 -k -x --bind-address=1.2.3.4:2000 http://fi.inf.elte.hu/
> (Yes users should be warned against this, sorry I've forgotten it :( )
> But if you set a different port_lo and port_hi then the bind_to_nxport
> binds to a port available in range port_lo, port_hi _AND_ greater than the
> last port it was bound to.

I think the concern is about the application that is restarted with
the same port range.  For example:

$ wget --bind-address=1.2.3.4:2000-3000 http://...
$ wget --bind-address=1.2.3.4:2000-3000 http://...

The FAQ warns that there is a possibility that Wget will choose port
2000 in both cases and have the server think that an existing
connection is being duplicated.

Choosing a random port in the range fixes this problem without
breaking anything.  (At least I can't think of anything that breaks --
you still get ports in the specified range.)

Of course, if you specify only one port, you get what you asked for.
:-)