Hi,
I'm just wondering how you're intending to deal with <basefont>? AFAIK, the only browser that supports it these days is IE, but it does so by breaking the DOM (I could be mistaken, but I think NN4 supported it too).

Considering that no other modern browser supports it and that IE's DOM looks like this when base font is used:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<title>test</title>

#comment: CTYPE ht
HTML
  HEAD
    TITLE
    BASEFONT face="Arial"
      BODY
          #text: test
  BODY (shown as error)

I think it should be made officially obsolete. It should be inserted into the DOM as an empty element, but UAs should ignore it. UAs may choose to support it at their own risk, but must not do so by breaking the DOM like IE does.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/