On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:38:19 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
In general I think it's better to have functions that deal with child
lists on Node rather than on Element/Document/DocumentFragment.

I think it might still make sense to have inDocument though. That'll
allow people to more clearly express what they are actually trying to
do, while allowing implementations to write faster code.

If we are going to have Node.contains implementations surely could
optimize document.contains(node) which seems as clear as node.inDocument
to me.

They are different in the case of multiple documents though. Which solution makes sense given the use cases? What are the use cases?