On Tue, 6 Dec 2011, James Hawkins wrote:

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalm...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 1:14 PM, James Hawkins <jhawk...@google.com> wrote:
Originally we envisioned using a self-closing tag placed in head for
the intent tag; however, we're now leaning towards not using
self-closing and having the tag be placed in the body with fallback
content, e.g., to install an extension to provide similar
functionality.

<intent action="webintents.org/share">
 Click here to install our extension that implements sharing!
</intent>

What are your thoughts on this route?

So, when the <intent> tag is supported, it's not displayed at all, and
instead solely handled by the browser?  This seems okay to me.

Correct.

This seems to remove my major objection to the new tag design.