2012-07-15 17:40, Ian Yang wrote:

> Throughout the article, I saw it mentioned "bullets" and "numbers"
> frequently. However, that's just browsers' default rendering of <ul> and
> <ol>.

It's the only real difference between the two.

> As a coder, personally I don't care how browsers render them by
> default.

You should. Check out the Usual CSS Caveats.

> What I care is the meaning of the code I write. That is, when I
> want an unordered list, I write <ul>; when I want an ordered list, I write

And what does that mean? Does it mean that browser may or will treat <ul> as unordered in the sense that it can render the items in any order? If not, what *is* the difference? Just some people's *calling* it "unordered".

Yucca