2013-12-10 22:20, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

In this case, it's an eminently validator-enforceable authoring
requirement.

That’s a more or less a wannabe-normative requirement that “validators” are supposed to enforce. There is no real HTML5 validator so far (not surprising, as there is no HTML5), but the point is that nobody who does not use a “validator” will see the requirement as “enforced”-

Allowing user agents to stop parsing after a parse error (BTW, where
exactly does the WHATWG HTML Living Standard allow that?)

Did you try following the links in my mail?  Let me try again, but this
time do actually follow the link:
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/parsing.html#parse-error

“This section only applies to user agents, data mining tools, and conformance checkers.” So what about conformance of documents?

If browsers are allowed to quit, or to proceed, then this is a very theoretic proposition. Technically, it does not define document conformance, does it?

Yucca