On Mon, 5 May 2014, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> It would be great to design a new parallelism architecture for the web,
> but from a practical standpoint, no progress has been made in this area
> for a number of years, and web developers are hampered today by the
> absence of this information.

Progress can be made imminently. Just tell me what you need. There's no
reason this has to take a long time. The only reason it isn't in the spec
already is that it hasn't been requested -- as far as I'm aware, until the
past week, the last person who mentioned it on the list was me, several
years ago.

If multiple vendors are interested in a more elaborate solution that
doesn't expose more fingerprinting bits, we can do that right away. What
would be most helpful to do that is detailed descriptions of use cases,
common pitfalls, experience with existing systems like Apple's GCD,
strawman API proposals, and criticisms thereof.