My point is that in checkstyle you are free to enforce both the presence _and absence_ of anything that can be expressed as a regular expression. So that includes the $Id$ tag.

That I always enforce inclusion of an $Id$ is just an example. In most of my projects I don't have a lot of merging to do. I can imagine that you would enforce exclusion of $Id$ for Wicket.

Regards,
   Erik.

Johan Compagner schreef:
i don't hope that #Id# is mandatory!
I hate those things. Because those things mess up merging of branches
because they constantly change.
It is totally stupid that this is the case. A merge should ignore those
completely.

johan

--
Erik van Oosten