Jonathan,

In my current application I have about 10 similar looking search forms
that are all generated with a list that specifies the layout to be used,
and the property to be set in a model object. There is only 1 html file
containing only 3 fragments to drive all the search forms. For each
fragment there is a corresponding form specification item. To be more
specific, these are three form specification item types:1: simple form
item: label and text input,  2: checkbox input and label, 3: label and 2
text input for from-untill values. In the actual form the fragments are
added with a repeater element. With the use of a CompoundPropertyModel
on the form and PropertyModels on the input elements there is no
dependency to specific form model object types.

The setup also allows for additional validators and behaviors like
autocompletion. The trick here is to let the form specification item
contain (or create for Wicket 2) the FormComponent. That form component
is later added to the right fragment. The labels and access keys are
retrieved from a resource file.

Have fun,
     Erik.

--