Hi Rik,

We use Acegi because of its excellent backend features. We do not use
Acegi to do authorization in the frontend, we just give a
username/pasword and ask it for the roles. Acegi gets it out of LDAP for
us, wicket-auth-roles does the authorization. The Acegi filter sets the
authenticated user on a tread-local, but that is the only involvement of
Acegi in the front-end. However, having the thread-local Acegi can be
still for used for securing the spring configured services.

The authorization settings are set by our application and stored in the
Wicket metadata facility (again using wicket-auth-roles). If desired we
could have easily read that information from an ACL file.

Would this be an acceptable solution?

     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten