Looking in the code of AjaxLink I see no special code for
enabled/disabled state.

If it fits what you need, you could try AjaxFallBackLink.
Otherwise try to extend AjaxLink and override the method
renderComponentTag in which you remove the onclick attribute from the
tag. (Don't forget to call super.renderComponentTag.)

Regards,
      Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten