>     - and a bit more theoretic: smooth scalability. I say theoretic
>     since it
>     is not likely you'll need this kind of scaling.
>

> And that is just what igor was trying to explain. You will not get
> smooth scalability
> Because much more cpu power is needed and more importantly  external
> bandwidth.
Actually that makes the curve on the graph with the required number of
boxes against the number of users even more smooth! For this curve it
does not matter that you need more CPU and more bandwidth. The point is
that the curve will resemble a line even when you need to support
millions of users.

>     - no more session time outs,
>

> That depends, then we also have to serialize the WebSession with every
> page.
> The problem with that approach e is that you also rollback your
> websession when using the back button....
> So when you are now on page X and you go to Page Y and then Z by that
> you do set something in the session
> Then the user presses twice on the back button and you are back to
> page X and you submit.
> If then you also restore the session object you have lost the values
> what you have done when you where in Y and Z
I see. Yes that would be a very hard problem.

>     - infinite number of pages in pagemaps,
>

> Thats already being solved by the SecondLevelCacheSessionStore
Good to have a more solid solution then client serialization.

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten