Hi,

I vote either:

[X] Keep <wicket:component>, but define its limits, document it on the wiki
as fully supported and commit to supporting it in the future

or

[X] Delete this unimportant and generally unsupported feature
with the amendment that the case below is supported in some other way

Like Timo I am using it in a number of places to keep my XHTML valid.

For example:
    <wicket:component wicket:id="persons">
    </wicket:component>

I do not know how to write this in valid XHTML without wicket:component.

Regards,
     Erik.

--
Erik van Oosten