Hello,

We are currently evaluating whether to use 1.2, 1.3 or 2.0 for a new
project. Given that 1.3 will have a RC very soon, and that the question
on W2.0 is even out there, we will go for 1.3 for sure.
If this is a more common sentiment, I would say: drop further
development for 2.0 as soon as possible. In the arts world there is an
expression: 'Kill your darlings'. I am afraid this is appropriate here
as well.

I am sorry if Eelco en Martijn have to rewrite their book ;(

Regards,
    Erik.

Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We (Wicket's developers) are having some discussion over 1.3 vs 2.0
> and how difficult it is as a nun-funded project to spend so much time
> synchronizing the branches.
>
> A major issue in the discussion is that not everyone is convinced
> anymore that the constructor change in 2.0 is for the better. There
> are pros and cons for sure, but we want to get your opinion on this.
>
> Please help us out giving your opinion. We want to know:
>
> 1) Who uses 2.0 for serious projects?
>
> 2) What do you think of the constructor change? Do you prefer 1.3's
> add style or 2.0's style of passing in the parent construction time.
>
> 3) If we would ever backtrack on the constructor change (*if*, don't
> panic for now) how much trouble would that give you?
>
> Please don't be shy giving your opinion. This is an important issue in
> the future development of Wicket.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eelco

Erik van Oosten