Hello ZedroS,

You ask very difficult questions which are not easy to answer. The
ability to answer comes with years of practice and learning. I can
recommend reading some books on design patterns.

I /can/ provide some very rough guidelines:
- put similar things in the same place (do not construct one service
object from Spring, another from code)
- '"Managers" for each kind of object' are usually called services (you
can read more for example in "Domain Driven Design" from Edwards),
normally you would instantiate services from a Spring configuration. For
getting services in your Wicket components: see the Wicket wiki on
Spring integration.
- about: 'Setting only the implementations in the ApplicationContext
file and using only interfaces in my code', this is the recommend way to
work with Spring.

Regards,
     Erik.

ZedroS Schwart wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As said earlier, I'm beginning with Spring and I find it a bit hard to
> know how to design my application with it.
>
> Let me give an example : in order for the end user to register, I've a
> registration form. Up to now, I've a registrationBean which isn't
> managed by Spring. On the form submit, I do a Spring bean and save it
> as needed.
>
> Is it the best way to proceed ? Or all objects used should be managed
> by Spring excepted for my pages, session and forms ?
>
> BTW, do you have a "reference source" dealing with Spring design in
> general ? I fear XML hell and I've seen so many different designs that
> I'm looking for the good way. For example, I'm hesitating between :
> - implementing somes "Managers" for each kind of objects
> - setting both the interfaces and the implementations in the
> ApplicationContext file
> - setting only the implementations in the ApplicationContext file and
> using only interfaces in my code
> -...
>
> My goals are to be able to unit test my work as well as avoid xml hell
> and the like...
>
> Thanks in advance
> ZedroS

Erik van Oosten