Hi Andrew,

I see. Yes that makes it quite different. I am not knowledgeable enough
on dynamic templates. So other could help you better.

There are a few other attempt to write Wicket components for a CMS.
Perhaps you can learn from those.
http://burgerweeshuis.sourceforge.net/
http://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wicket-stuff/branches/WICKET_1_2/wicket-kronos-cms/

Regards,