Hi Markus,

it is way more complicated than that unfortunately. For example, Schwarzwald
in Latvian (which uses Latin) is not Schwarzwald, but Švarcvalde, and in
Turkish it is Kara Orman.

We have a bot request on Wikidata stalled for exactly this reason,

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_permissions/Bot/AmpersandBot_2

Cheers
Yaroslav