On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 14:47, Thad Guidry <thadgui...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like P3348 is not actually filled out completely and a bit
> incorrectly to
> my eyes.
>
> 1. Wouldn't "National Library of Greece" be instead represented by "issued by"
> P2378, instead of P1629?  Look at the properties for the type
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q18614948

I agree; that's apparently not what the community has decided.

> 2. Secondly, what is so important to know about the National Library of Greece
> Authority Records ID?  that could all be captured on the property P3348
> itself.

It could, but again I don't think that is how the community has chosen
to model them.

Otherwise, what is P1629 for? Note the original description:

    https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Archive/27#P1629

    "item corresponding exactly to the concept represented by the
property, if applicable."

> I think your particular question is that around bullet point 3

What question? I wasn't aware that I asked one.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing