WE members may be interested in a new collaborative project recently launched
on keeping track of open access (OA) news (including open education) called the
open access tracking project (OATP). As Peter Suber describes it

The idea is to tag new OA developments and recruit others to do the same.  On
the many-eyeballs principle, we'll notice many more new developments together
than any of us could notice on our own.  A group feed will broadcast the
results of what we notice to everyone who wants to follow along.
So if you find an article on open access you can the tag it. To tag the feeds
you need an account at Connotea http://www.connotea.org/. You then tag the
article with oa.new and any other tags you wish (for example, oa.education or
oa.india).

The articles can be read by webpage
(http://www.connotea.org/tag/oa.new?num=100), RSS
(http://www.connotea.org/rss/tag/oa.new), or e-mail
(http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=ConnoteaBookmarksMatchingTagOanew&loc=en_US).

More information can be found in Peter's SOAN newsletter
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/05-02-09.htm

Cheers,
John
http://www.wikieducator.org/User:JohnWS